The excavated and reconstructed parts of 14-15th century former Palace show both Gothic and Renaissance features. For a while the official seat of the Hungarian sovereign, it later became their summer residence.
Opening hours: April – October: Tue-Sun 9 am - 5 pm
The Citadel (Fellegvár)
2025 Visegrád, Fellegvár
The double fortification system was built around 1250-1260 for Béla IV and his wife. The castle consisted of the fortified walls around the hilltop, two towers, and a residential palace. The Citadel was built as a castle refuge for the Dominican nuns of Rabbit Island, among them Princess Margaret, so a residential palace was added. Today the Citadel also hosts a museum exhibition.
Openininghours:Winter:10 am- 4 pm
15 Mar - 14 Oct: 10 am- 6 pm
Visegrad International Palace Tournament
The series of events known as the Visegrád International Palace Tournament has traditionally been held on the second weekend of July every year. It brings to life the atmosphere of the medieval royal town, the golden age of Visegrád during the reigns of Kings Charles Robert and Louis d'Anjou.
Distance from Budapest: 50 km North from Budapest center